CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam
Security plus is a global certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
More choose Security+ – chosen by more corporations and defense organizations than any other certification on the market to validate core security skills and for fulfilling DoD 8570 compliance.
Security+ proves hands-on skills – the only baseline cybersecurity certification emphasizing vendor-neutral, hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of today’s complex issues.
More job roles turn to Security+ to supplement skills – baseline cybersecurity skills are applicable across more of today’s job roles to secure systems, software, and hardware.
Security+ is aligned to the latest trends and techniques – covering the most core technical skills in risk assessment and management, incident response, forensics, enterprise networks, hybrid/cloud operations, and security controls, ensuring high performance on the job.
Job roles for this certification:
- Security Specialist
- Security Consultant
- Security Engineer
- Security Administrator
CompTIA Security+ is the first security certification a candidate should earn. It establishes the core knowledge required for any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on troubleshooting, ensuring candidates have practical security problem-solving skills required to:
- Assess the security posture of an enterprise environment and recommend and implement appropriate security solutions
- Monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IoT
- Operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk, and compliance
- Identify, analyze, and respond to security events and incidents
Security+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements.
The Learning + Exam Outcomes
- Attacks, Threats, and Vulnerabilities (24%)
- Architecture and Design (21%)
- Implementation (25%)
- Operations and Incident Response (16%)
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance (14%)
Learning Material (optional)The learning material can be chosen as follows:
- The complete bundle includes access to an e-learning platform with lesson plans and gamification features, a virtual environment to perform tasks - mirrored to the real-world scenarios, test preparations for the final exam, and an exam voucher with a retake should you fail the first time
- The test-prep bundle includes an e-book, test preparations for the final exam, and an exam voucher with a retake should you fail the first time
- The basic bundle includes an e-book, and an exam voucher with a retake should you fail the first time
CompTIA Network+ and two years of experience in IT administration with a security focus
- Examination held online
- Examination date scheduled according to edVentr calendar (via edVentr Support Team after purchase)
- Certification issued digitally by CompTIA
- CompTIA - The world’s leading provider of vendor-neutral IT certifications, which offer individuals industry-relevant knowledge and skills across a broad spectrum of principles/technologies and beyond one IT provider.
- Operating system: Windows 10 / Mac OSX Sierra 10.12 or higher
- Chrome OS
- Supported browsers: The preferred internet browser is Chrome. Internet Explorer, Edge, and Safari are also supported
- Screen resolution of 1280 x 800
- Input Devices: Full Keyboard and Mouse
- Internet Connection: A download speed of at least 5 Mbps