CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Exam
The PenTest plus is for cybersecurity professionals tasked with penetration testing and vulnerability management.
CompTIA PenTest+ is the most comprehensive exam covering all penetration testing stages. Unlike other penetration testing exams that only cover a portion of stages with essay questions and hands-on, PenTest+ uses both performance-based and knowledge-based questions to ensure all stages are addressed.
PenTest+ is the only exam on the market to include all aspects of vulnerability management. It not only covers hands-on vulnerability assessment, scanning, and analysis, but also includes planning, scoping, and managing weaknesses, not just exploiting them.
PenTest+ is the most current penetration testing exam covering the latest techniques against expanded attack surfaces. It is a unique exam that requires a candidate to demonstrate the most relevant pen testing skills for the cloud, hybrid environments, web applications, customized systems (IoT), and traditional on-premises.
Job roles for this certification:
- Penetration Tester
- Vulnerability Tester
- Security Analyst
- Vulnerability Assessment Analyst
PenTest+ assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks. The CompTIA PenTest+ certification exam will verify successful candidates have the knowledge and skills required to:
- Plan and scope a penetration testing engagement
- Understand legal and compliance requirements
- Perform vulnerability scanning and penetration testing using appropriate tools and techniques, and then analyze the results
- Produce a written report containing proposed remediation techniques, effectively communicate results to the management team, and provide practical recommendations
The Learning + Exam Outcomes
- Planning and Scoping (14%)
- Information Gathering and Vulnerability Scanning (22%)
- Attacks and Exploits (30%)
- Reporting and Communication (18%)
- Tools and Code Analysis (16%)
Learning Material (optional)The learning material can be chosen as follows:
- The complete bundle includes access to an e-learning platform with lesson plans and gamification features, a virtual environment to perform tasks - mirrored to the real-world scenarios, test preparations for the final exam, and an exam voucher with a retake should you fail the first time
- The test-prep bundle includes an e-book, test preparations for the final exam, and an exam voucher with a retake should you fail the first time
- The basic bundle includes an e-book, and an exam voucher with a retake should you fail the first time
Network+, Security+ or equivalent knowledge. Minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience. While there is no required prerequisite, PenTest+ is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus.
- Examination held online
- Examination date scheduled according to edVentr calendar (via edVentr Support Team after purchase)
- Certification issued digitally by CompTIA
- CompTIA - The world’s leading provider of vendor-neutral IT certifications, which offer individuals industry-relevant knowledge and skills across a broad spectrum of principles/technologies and beyond one IT provider.
- Operating system: Windows 10 / Mac OSX Sierra 10.12 or higher
- Chrome OS
- Supported browsers: The preferred internet browser is Chrome. Internet Explorer, Edge, and Safari are also supported
- Screen resolution of 1280 x 800
- Input Devices: Full Keyboard and Mouse
- Internet Connection: A download speed of at least 5 Mbps