CompTIA Linux+ Certification Exam
The Linux plus certification validates the competencies required of an early career system administrator supporting Linux Systems.
CompTIA Linux+ is the only job-focused Linux certification covering the latest foundational skills demanded by hiring managers.
Unlike other certifications, the new exam includes performance-based and multiple-choice questions to identify the employees who can do the job.
The exam covers tasks associated with all major distributions of Linux, setting the foundation for advanced vendor/distro-specific knowledge.
Job roles for this certification:
- Linux Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Technical Support Specialist
- Web Administrator
- Systems Administrator
CompTIA Linux+ is the right step for IT professionals utilizing Linux-based systems, whether they are managing infrastructure, cloud workflows, or ensuring the cybersecurity of their organization.
Successful candidates will have the skills to:
- Manage hardware and configure systems, including an understanding of Linux boot process concepts, kernel modules, network connection parameters, managing storage, cloud and virtualization technologies, and localization options – all within a Linux environment.
- Operate and maintain systems, including software operations, managing users and groups, working with files, and managing services. Additionally, candidates will be able to explain server roles, automate and schedule jobs, use and operate Linux devices, and compare and contrast. Linux graphical user interfaces.
- Apply security topics such as user/group permissions and ownership, access and authentication methods, best practices, logging services, Linux firewalls, and file backup, restoration, and compression.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose Linux issues, including system properties, user issues, application, and hardware issues.
- Demonstrate automation and scripting skills, including basic BASH scripts, version control using GIT, and orchestration processes and concepts.
The Learning + Exam Outcomes
- Hardware and System Configuration (21%)
- System Operation and Maintenance (26%)
- Security (19%)
- Linux Troubleshooting & Diagnostics (20%)
- Automation & Scripting (14%)
Learning Material (optional)The learning material can be chosen as follows:
- The complete bundle includes access to an e-learning platform with lesson plans and gamification features, a virtual environment to perform tasks - mirrored to the real-world scenarios, test preparations for the final exam, and an exam voucher with a retake should you fail the first time
- The test-prep bundle includes an e-book, test preparations for the final exam, and an exam voucher with a retake should you fail the first time
- The basic bundle includes an e-book, and an exam voucher with a retake should you fail the first time
CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ and 12 months of Linux admin experience
- Examination held online
- Examination date scheduled according to edVentr calendar (via edVentr Support Team after purchase)
- Certification issued digitally by CompTIA
- CompTIA - The world’s leading provider of vendor-neutral IT certifications, which offer individuals industry-relevant knowledge and skills across a broad spectrum of principles/technologies and beyond one IT provider.
- Operating system: Windows 10 / Mac OSX Sierra 10.12 or higher
- Chrome OS
- Supported browsers: The preferred internet browser is Chrome. Internet Explorer, Edge, and Safari are also supported
- Screen resolution of 1280 x 800
- Input Devices: Full Keyboard and Mouse
- Internet Connection: A download speed of at least 5 Mbps