Communication Skills for Business [CSB] - English for IT Certification Exam
SUCCESS IS LEAD BY THE POWER OF COMMUNICATION
Why is communication important in business?
Poor communication is very expensive for companies. Studies have been done those estimate businesses with 100 employees lose an average of $420,000 per year due to poor communication between employees. The cost goes up based on the number of employees.
Effective communication is a vital tool for all businesses as it does determine the success of sealing a deal versus missing out on a potential opportunity.
How does communication help within an organization?
- Building better teams
- Preventing misunderstandings and conflicts
- Improving customer service
- Meeting goals and earning success
- Promoting creativity and innovation
- Advancing individual career prospects
How does communication help general workers?
If your role or duties include speaking to customers especially those in sales roles, communication becomes pivotal to your success. Have you found yourself struggling to meet targets? Have you failed to close a deal? Do your customers give you the run-around?
One key reason is that you are not applying active listening skills. Your internal dialogue is ready to give answers while missing what is actually being said.
The Communication Skills for Business (CSB) program is one of the newest certification programs offered through Certiport and now includes the Professional Communication certification and the English for IT certification. Whether verbal (oral or written) communication or nonverbal communication the ability to communicate effectively is a critical skill that all candidates should possess. In every industry, there is a gap between the English skills required and the English language skills that employees have. Also, in today’s workplace, communication skills are consistently one of the top skills employers are looking for, and developing these skills can give candidates a big edge over the competition.
The CSB certifications are built to validate that candidates entering the workforce understand key communication principles and possess the skills that are necessary to be effective in a work environment.
The Communication Skills for Business (CSB) English for IT exam validates a candidate’s ability to work in an IT setting or in an entry-level IT job using English. It tests knowledge of English competence in an IT-related environment, and also measures:
- Listening - A skilled listener can hear between the lines and help people work through questions, issues, and problems related to information technology projects.
- Reading – Whether it’s understanding a client’s specifications, or searching for a solution to a problem online, it is essential to be able to read in English at a high level.
- Use of English - Use of English refers to the conventional ways in which words or phrases are used, spoken, or written in an IT-related environment.
- Number of Questions: 42
- Question Types: Project-based testing
- Duration: Up to 50 minutes
The Learning + Exam Outcomes
- Use of English
Learning Material (optional)
- Online Video
- 21.5 hours
- A Certificate of Completion can be earned by scoring 80% or better on all Post-Assessments.
- A Badge can be earned by scoring 90% or better on all Post-Assessments.
- Examination held online and generally on Saturdays
- Examination date scheduled according to edVentr calendar (via edVentr Support Team after purchase)
- Examination other than edVentr calendar date can be booked at an additional fee (liaise with edVentr Support team after purchase)
- Certification issued digitally by Certiport (immediately after passing)
- After passing you can also claim a digital badge (see product image) for your resume or Linkedin profile
- Operating system: Windows 10 / Mac OSX Sierra 10.12 or higher
- Chrome OS
- Supported browsers: The preferred internet browser is Chrome. Internet Explorer, Edge, and Safari are also supported
- Screen resolution of 1280 x 800
- Input Devices: Full Keyboard and Mouse
- Internet Connection: A download speed of at least 5 Mbps