Autodesk Certified User - AutoCAD Certification Exam
The Autodesk AutoCAD Certified User exam demonstrates competency in computer-aided design (CAD). The exam covers the basic use of the AutoCAD software as well as basic drafting and design techniques.
It’s used to create 2D and 3D drawings—to conceptualize ideas, produce designs and even perform simulations. It was initially created for mechanical engineers but has since branched out into other industries with discipline-specific enhancements—including AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and AutoCAD Electrical. This has to lead to the adoption of AutoCAD by electricians, engineers, architects, and animators.
The Autodesk Certified User (ACU) certification is an industry-recognized credential that can effectively start students’ careers as designers, engineers, and makers. It enhances students' higher ed applications and resumes by providing evidence of competency and proficiency. The certification is an excellent way for students with about 150 hours of real-world Autodesk software experience to validate their software skills. Earning this level of certification while in school will give students confidence as they continue to master Autodesk products and pursue professional-level certification in the future.
- Available for: Autodesk
- Number of Questions: 30
- Question Types: Project-based testing
- Duration: Up to 50 minutes
The Learning + Exam Outcomes
- Apply basic drawing skills
- Draw objects
- Draw with accuracy
- Modify objects
- Use additional drawing techniques
- Organize objects
- Reuse existing content
- Annotate drawings
- Layouts and printing
Learning Material (optional)
- Online Video
- 13.5 hours
- A Certificate of Completion can be earned by scoring 80% or better on all Post-Assessments.
- A Badge can be earned by scoring 90% or better on all Post-Assessments.
- Examination held online and generally on Saturdays
- Examination date scheduled according to edVentr calendar (via edVentr Support Team after purchase)
- Examination other than edVentr calendar date can be booked at an additional fee (liaise with edVentr Support team after purchase)
- Certification issued digitally by Apple (immediately after passing)
- After passing you can also claim a digital badge (see product image) for your resume or Linkedin profile
- Operating system: Windows 10 / Mac OSX Sierra 10.12 or higher
- Chrome OS
- Supported browsers: The preferred internet browser is Chrome. Internet Explorer, Edge, and Safari are also supported
- Screen resolution of 1280 x 800
- Input Devices: Full Keyboard and Mouse
- Internet Connection: A download speed of at least 5 Mbps