CompTIA CySA+ Certification Exam
The Cybersecurity Analyst is an IT workforce certification that applies behavioral analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats through continuous security monitoring.
CompTIA CySA+ is the only intermediate high-stakes cybersecurity analyst certification
exam taken at a Pearson VUE testing centre with both hands-on, performance-based
questions and multiple-choice, to ensure each candidate possesses the skills, knowledge, and ability to address security analytics, intrusion detection, and response. High-stakes exams are proctored at a Pearson VUE testing centre in a highly secure environment.
CySA+ is the most up-to-date security analyst certification that covers advanced persistent threats in a post-2014 cybersecurity environment.
Job roles for this certification:
- Security Analyst
- Vulnerability Analyst
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Security Engineer
As attackers have learned to evade traditional signature-based solutions, such as firewalls, an analytics-based approach within the IT security industry is increasingly important for most organizations. The behavioral analytics skills covered by CySA+ identify and combat malware, and advanced persistent threats (APTs), resulting in enhanced threat visibility across a broad attack surface. CompTIA CySA+ is for IT professionals looking to gain the following security analyst skills:
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats, and risks to an organization.
- Configure and use threat-detection tools.
- Secure and protect applications and systems within an organization.
The Learning + Exam Outcomes
- Threat Management (27%)
- Vulnerability Management (26%)
- Cyber-Incident Response (23%)
- Security Architecture and Tool Sets (24%)
Learning Material (optional)The learning material can be chosen as follows:
- The complete bundle includes access to an e-learning platform with lesson plans and gamification features, a virtual environment to perform tasks - mirrored to the real-world scenarios, test preparations for the final exam, and an exam voucher with a retake should you fail the first time
- The test-prep bundle includes an e-book, test preparations for the final exam, and an exam voucher with a retake should you fail the first time
- The basic bundle includes an e-book, and an exam voucher with a retake should you fail the first time
Network+, Security+ or equivalent knowledge. Minimum of 4 years of hands-on information security or related experience.
- Examination held online
- Examination date scheduled according to edVentr calendar (via edVentr Support Team after purchase)
- Certification issued digitally by CompTIA
- CompTIA - The world’s leading provider of vendor-neutral IT certifications, which offer individuals industry-relevant knowledge and skills across a broad spectrum of principles/technologies and beyond one IT provider.
- Operating system: Windows 10 / Mac OSX Sierra 10.12 or higher
- Chrome OS
- Supported browsers: The preferred internet browser is Chrome. Internet Explorer, Edge, and Safari are also supported
- Screen resolution of 1280 x 800
- Input Devices: Full Keyboard and Mouse
- Internet Connection: A download speed of at least 5 Mbps