CompTIA CASP+ Certification Exam
The Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) is an advanced-level cybersecurity certification for security architects and senior security engineers charged with leading and improving an enterprise’s cybersecurity readiness.
CASP+ is the only hands-on, performance-based certification for practitioners – not managers – at the advanced skill level of cybersecurity. While cybersecurity managers help identify what cybersecurity policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP+ certified professionals figure out how to implement solutions within those policies and frameworks.
Job roles for this certification:
- Cybersecurity/IS Professional
- Information Security Analyst
- Security Architect
- IT Specialist INFOSEC
The CASP+ certification validates advanced-level competency in risk management; enterprise security operations and architecture; research and collaboration; and integration of enterprise security. Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to:
- Conceptualize, engineer, integrate and implement secure solutions across complex enterprise environments to build resilient networks
- Apply critical thinking and judgment across a broad spectrum of security disciplines to propose and implement sustainable security solutions that map to organizational strategies
- Translate business needs into security requirements
- Analyze risk impact
- Supervise and respond as team lead to security incidents
The Learning + Exam Outcomes
- Risk Management (19%)
- Enterprise Security Architecture (25%)
- Enterprise Security Operations (20%)
- Technical Integration of Enterprise Security (23%)
- Research, Development and Collaboration (13%)
Learning Material (optional)The learning material can be chosen as follows:
- The complete bundle includes access to an e-learning platform with lesson plans and gamification features, a virtual environment to perform tasks - mirrored to the real-world scenarios, test preparations for the final exam, and an exam voucher with a retake should you fail the first time
- The test-prep bundle includes an e-book, test preparations for the final exam, and an exam voucher with a retake should you fail the first time
- The basic bundle includes an e-book, and an exam voucher with a retake should you fail the first time
A minimum of ten years of experience in IT administration, including at least five years of hands-on technical security experience.
A minimum of ten years of general hands-on IT experience, with at least five years of broad hands-on security experience.
- Examination held online
- Examination date scheduled according to edVentr calendar (via edVentr Support Team after purchase)
- Certification issued digitally by CompTIA
- CompTIA - The world’s leading provider of vendor-neutral IT certifications, which offer individuals industry-relevant knowledge and skills across a broad spectrum of principles/technologies and beyond one IT provider.
- Operating system: Windows 10 / Mac OSX Sierra 10.12 or higher
- Chrome OS
- Supported browsers: The preferred internet browser is Chrome. Internet Explorer, Edge, and Safari are also supported
- Screen resolution of 1280 x 800
- Input Devices: Full Keyboard and Mouse
- Internet Connection: A download speed of at least 5 Mbps